Instructions for Admission to Honours and Programme/General Course for 2019-20 Session
- Applications are to be accepted only through the online procedure. (link in the website tehattagovtcollege.ac.in) Applicant should apply within the scheduled date (See the Admission Schedule). Once date has crossed no application will be entertained under any circumstances.
- Applicants have to provide email address and mobile number (active) in the application form. Personal email ID and mobile number (active) of the applicant is mandatory for submission of application.
- There is no need to fill up separate application form for each Honours Subject. An applicant has to input the marks obtained by him/her in different subjects. His /Her name will automatically appear in the merit list of all those subjects. An applicant can apply for all the Honours courses and General courses offered by the college in one single application form. Cost of each application form: Rs 250/- + Bank Charges.
- Name of the Applicant (in BLOCK LETTERS) is to be filled up according to the admit card of Madhyamik or equivalent examinations.
- The Date of Birth is to be written according to the admit card of Madhyamik or equivalent examinations.
- Essential testimonials like mark sheet of Higher Secondary (10+2) or equivalent, Madhyamik or equivalent Admit Card (age proof), caste/disability certificates/ documents for sports (district or higher level) quota as applicable along with photo are required to be uploaded during application.
- Candidates shall be allowed for admission within 03 (three) consecutive academic sessions including the year of passing the previous qualifying examination, i.e. Candidates passing H.S. (10+2) or equivalent in the year 2019, 2018 and 2017 are only eligible to apply for this academic session.
- Candidates passing Higher Secondary examination from vocational stream conducted by the West Bengal State Council of Technical & Vocational Education & Skill Development (WBSCTVE&SD) or any other equivalent Board/Council are eligible for admission only in Programme/General courses (and not in Honours Courses) provided that the candidate must have passed in 5 (five) recognized subjects, of which one shall be English, in the previous qualifying examination.
- 2% marks from the aggregate as secured by a candidate passing the qualifying examination in a year prior to the current year shall be deducted and the aggregate marks thus arrived will be taken up for consideration according to the rule of the University of Kalyani.
- The number of seats in each subject is fixed (See the Seat Capacity). Candidates will be selected according to the result in the H.S or equivalent exams.
- Merit list will be prepared uniformly on the basis of the following criteria:
- In case of Honours courses: Aggregate (Aggregate means the sum of marks of best scored five (05) subjects excluding compulsory Environmental Education/Environmental Science/Environmental Studies and the percentage is to be calculated out of 500) plus the marks obtained in the subject in which he/she intends to take up honours or related subject.
- In case of Programme /General Courses: Merit list will be prepared on the basis of aggregate. (Aggregate means the sum of marks of best scored five (05) subjects excluding compulsory Environmental Education/Environmental Science/Environmental Studies and the percentage is to be calculated out of 500)
- Provisional Merit List will be displayed in the College Website on the specified date. If there is any mistake, the applicant should contact the Helpline No. within specified time (See the Admission Schedule).Any application towards correction of mistakes will not be entertained after the specified time.
- The admission to the Honours and General streams are to be made online. Candidates are strictly instructed NOT to report to the college for counselling. No physical presence will be required during the admission process.
- Candidates whose name will appear in merit list at different phases of admission if not responded within the stipulated time will lose their candidature automatically. All Payment should be done through Online Mode/Bank Challan. Application fees shall be deposited at different branches of the State Bank of India (through Net Banking/credit card/debit card/bank challan). College Authority will not be responsible for failure of Online transaction through Net Banking, Debit Card or Credit Card etc.
- Students willing to change subject/ course (subject to rank in the merit list) have to pay Rs. 50/- as processing charge along with admission fees.
- Caste Certificates (whenever applicable) issued only by appropriate authority (Sub-Divisional Officer of the Sub-Division and others as declared by the competent authority) will be considered as valid.
- Percentage of reservation for SC, ST, OBC A, OBC B, and PH will be regulated according to the reservation policies of Government of West Bengal, Higher Education Department.
- For Sports Quota:
- Eligible Games for Men: Athletics, Badminton, Basketball, Cricket, Football, Gymnastics, Handball, Kabadi, Kho-Kho, Table Tennis, Volleyball, Yoga, Weight lifting.
- Eligible Games for Women: Athletics, Badminton, Basketball, Gymnastics, Handball, Kabaddi, Kho-Kho, Table Tennis, Volleyball, Yoga, Weight lifting.
- To claim Sports quota (i) Candidates must be eligible to participate in any Inter-University Sports and Games at least for two years (as per rules laid down by the Inter-University Sports Board). (ii) Candidates must have participated in Inter District School, or, State Inter-School, or, State Junior, or, Open Inter District Tournaments, or, State Open Championship, Calcutta First Division Championships.
- Certificate from The State Associations / Bodies, The District Officer For Physical Education, DSA, Or, DSSA shall only be accepted.
- Verification of documents will be done only when the students report for classes in due course. Admission will be cancelled if the documents are found not in conformity with the declaration in the forms submitted on-line. This is according to the rule of the Government of West Bengal and the University of Kalyani.
- The college may cancel the admission at any time if any of the information provided is found to be incorrect or it is found that the candidate has suppressed any information. The decision of the college authority in these matters shall be final.
- The candidates who have taken admission elsewhere are admitted to this college provisionally. However, transfer certificate or admission cancellation certificate from the previous institution must be submitted within the stipulated time as fixed by the College. Admission to this college otherwise may be treated as cancel.
- If newly admitted students do take admission elsewhere, they must inform the College so that the seat can be offered to other deserving candidates.
- All admissions are provisional until the University of Kalyani approves.
- Anti-ragging undertaking is mandatory for all the applicants at the time of admission. Students are advised to go through http://www.antiragging.in/Site/Affidavits_registration_form.aspx and fill up the anti-ragging undertaking which they must produce in hard copy during verification. College will announce the date and venue regarding this process in time.
- After 5th phase of online admission, Willing Box will be opened for remaining vacant seats (if any). Candidates who have already filled up online application form and do not have their name in any of the previous merit lists (1st phase to 5th phase), can hit the willing box. Candidates who have already taken admission within 5th Phase but wishes to take admission in another subject can also hit the willing box. On the basis of the responses to the willing box, another provisional merit list will be prepared and remaining vacant seats will be filled up accordingly. (See the Admission Schedule).
- Students are requested to follow the college website (http://tehattagovtcollege.ac.in/) regularly for further notification and updates.
N.B. For the details of eligibility criteria regarding admission in 1st year for Honours and General courses follow the link: http://www.klyuniv.ac.in/upload/cbcs/Admision%20Rule-UG-CBCS-Final-23.5.18.pdf
Government General Degree College, Tehatta